DEL VAL RAMS WRESTLING
Welcome to the Home of Rams Wrestling! We are a proud part of the Delaware Valley Wrestling Community, participants in the K-6 Phillipsburg Area Wrestling League (PAWL), the Delaware River Wrestling League (DRWL) and the Hunterdon/Warren/Morris Novice League.
We welcome wrestlers from ALL of the Del Val sending district. However, most of our wrestlers are from Holland Township, Milford Boro and parts of Alexandria Township (typically those closer to Holland Township School).
Wrestlers from all of Del Val will come together as one team in 7th/8th Grade.
Go to the 'Grade School Terriers' link at the top for more info.
REGISTRATION IS OPEN!
Click the tab on the left for all the info and link to register!
Practice will begin on Tuesday, November 13th for both Novice and JV/Varsity
The 2018-2019 schedule will be as follows:
Novice: Tuesday/Thursday 6-7:15 pm @ HTS
JV / Varsity: Tuesday/Thursday/Friday 6-7:30 pm @ HTS
Required items: Wrestling Shoes and Headgear
About our team:
We are a K-6 Wrestling program that has worked hard over the years to provide the wrestling opportunities that best meets each wrestlers needs.
- Novice Wrestlers benefit from the set up of the DRWL which matches up each wrestler with others who are the SAME AGE, have similar skill sets/yrs of experience, and are of similar weight. This eliminates the chance of a "larger" 7 yr old wrestling a "smaller" 11 yr old. Also, a new wrestler will never match up against a child who's been wrestling for more than 2 yrs.
- Novice Wrestlers also participate in Novice Jamborees in the PAWL where multiple teams come together and wrestlers are matched up by weight.
- Wrestlers then move onto the PAWL where we have a JV and Varsity team, consisting of 15 weight classes each. Less experienced wrestlers will not be asked to wrestle on the Varsity team, even if the weight class is unoccupied. This team is a combined team with the Del Val Wildcats.
- In 7th Grade all wrestlers move on to the Grade School Terriers team. They participate in a Grade School league throughout Central NJ. Experienced 5th & 6th Graders might be asked on occasion to fill in if the coaches feel the wrestler is ready for this level of competition. See the Grade School Terriers Tab for more info about this team.
One of our fundraising efforts is through team sponsorship. We give ALL wrestlers and coaches a team t-shirt every year. Sponsors can be families and/or businesses that make a donation of at least $100. Sponsors will also get a t-shirt! Contact the Rams at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
This is one of the small ways that we are able to continue to provide a first class program, as well as provide updated singlets, uniforms and now mats!
Why do kids wrestle?
1. They enjoy the sport
2. They build strong friendships
3. They enjoy competition
4. They achieve success as a team and individually
5. Wrestling is inherently fun!!!
To Contact us: email@example.com or by mail:
Del Val Rams Wrestling
P.O Box 291, Milford NJ 08848